Monday, April 07, 2003

RM70 a pop

Followed Lee Hoon to her office lunch thingie at Renaissance yesterday afternoon for a sushi buffet. It was RM70 per head! And there weren't much to choose from in spite of such a grand place bearing a regal name tag. Blech... the only thing I walloped was the salmon. Anything salmon I heaped on my plate, as most who knows me will tell you. But strangely this time my stomach wasn't up to the task, even the little bit sitting across me (Lee Hoon's colleague) ate more than me. Perhaps she has a higher metab I don't know. But in anycase, the meal wasn't worth it coz the food was average at best and the service was hovering on the border of dismal - refilling our tea cups involved someone getting up to call the waiter over and there was a baby cockroach scurrying on the dessert bar. Eeewww.... A five star hotel permitting pests to dine with its patrons doesn't deserve those five merits. Should have informed the staff but I didn't want to cause a ruckus or hands and feet scrambling to catch the little bugger. 'Sides the hotel staff should keep its kitchen clean enough NOT to attract pests.... well at least let it be out of sight. It there had been a flying one in there, pandemonium would have issued. =P

No comments: