Thursday, April 17, 2003

Post of a unContent Writer
I went for an interview, again, for the post of content writer at Directhere.com. The interview went well, and it lasted for a whole hour. The present writer is leaving soon and they need someone to take over ASAP. The interviewer introduced me to the present writer so that she could show me the ropes. Then I was brought to the meeting room to await a personal meeting with the GM. The GM want me to submit a written test on ways to improve their current website by this Saturday. He called me �pleasant� and the outcome of my application will depend on my submission. If I am accepted, I will be in charge of the website�s entire content as well as the company�s other web communities. Needless to say the responsibilities are heavy. For a moment, I wondered if I could do it. But if I don�t do this now, I might not be given other opportunities to further advance my career. Hah, what career? Right now, I�m nothing. Gosh, I am so the low right now� As usual, transportation is a problem. This job is at Wisma Antah, Damasara Heights and the taxi fare is around RM7. If I were to take the bus, I would have to take two busses to get there. Why is it that I can�t get a job that is easily accessible instead of a job that requires your own wheels� I haven�t decided if I want this job� of course they haven�t offered me the job but the way things went, the outcome seems pretty positive.

I have another interview next Tuesday in Dataran Premier PJ. I think that�s somewhere in Kelana Jaya. Need to scout that out. But the company�s name is Golf Malaysia or something to that effect. Hmm� I know nuts about golf. Never had an interest in it as I do not see the point of hitting a ball that hard that it needs acres of precious land for it to roll on. It is as stupid as it is wasted. There are better uses for that land then a rich man�s indulgence. The only reason most people play golf is because they can�t lay anything else or they are playing under the impression of an overblown self-image. Yeah, as you can tell, I hate golf because of what it does to nature and what it represents � hedonism of a colossal proportion.




No comments: