Tuesday, April 15, 2003

I burnt the barley water

Water can't burn, but barley water sure can. Just found that out yesterday when I boiled some barley seeds thing and added rock sugar into the pot. I left it in the slow cooker and it was okay, except I forgot to turn the slow cooker off - the slow cooker maybe very slow in cooking but does its job VERY well. By the time I went to check on it 9 hours later... the barley had turn a roasting mush brown. *sigh* It looked like cereal! Now I know why my sister said, just a handful of barley - I emptied half a bag in. >_< Then added in half a bag of rock sugar. Yeap, it was so sweet it almost curled my hair. Adding in water and boilling it again helped me salvage about a litre of the barley water. The sediment really looked like cereal left too long congealing in the milk - all mushy and brown. I tasted it! And it tasted like sweet cereal. It looked like cereal, might as well taste like cereal. But in the end I threw the sediment in a plastic bag lined with newspaper to absorb the liquid. Haha.... I burnt the barley water! =P

No comments: