Thursday, June 12, 2003

Fish are friends, not food!

Hi, my name's Sharon and I'm a fishaholic. ^__^ Went to watch Finding Nemo with Zona, Masrey (Masrey's blog seems to be missing... ) and Andy. I must say Pixar has outdone themselves in terms of attention to details, the play on the fish's name and real character, and the kinetics of the models.... my jaw is still on the floor. Pixar has really gone a long way since Toy Story. Yeap it is THAT good. Gosh I wish I had broadband, then I'll be able to download the trailers. The first 5 minutes of the film saw me with my eyes shining with wonder (maybe it just reflection on my cornea..=P) at the sheer display of colours in the oceans of Pixar's world. Think: Little Mermaid Under the Sea song part in 3D. The story definately had a Disney feel to it - the feel-good factor. It has always been their magic formula - tragedy, hardship, friendship, fun and happy ever after.

Nemo is cute but Marlin is adorable. He grows on ya. At first he may be the over-protective father but in the end he is THE father. It is funny naming a clown fish Marlin. When he is just a guppie. How does the saying go? Ah yes... He may be small in size but huge in heart. =P Then the part about how he and Coral, his wife first met: "Excuse me miss, can you help me get this hook out of me?" *grin*

I could go on and on about the movie but I won't coz I'm tired and sleepy. Go see it for yourselves! =) Later dude...

No comments: