Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Bad dreams - bad life?

My mom told me about a dream she had recently that made my hair stand on end. She dreamt that she was trapped in the bathroom and something was pounding on the door trying to get in. Whatever it was was very strong and the constant pounding left a claw indent on the door. My mom was terrified as the indent was getting deeper and deeper and she was scared the door might give way. In the end, she had enough and decided to confront the monster. She whipped open the door and she saw a huge claw coming at her and trying to claw her. She tried to bat it away but the claw was HUGE. She screamed... and she woke up.

At the same time, my sister Lee Na, sleeping a few feet away was also having a bad dream. She woke up about the same time my mom did and looked towards my mom. Behind my mom was the corridor to the bathroom. There was a shadow of a figure standing next to the bathroom door. My sis knew what it was but she didn't tell my mom what she saw. Mom and sis talked about their respective dreams and both were similiar in nature if not details.

This made me think. What if our souls, our sub-consciousness wonders when we sleep and these things know that they can get to us there. So they would use this 'realm' to scare us or even hurt us. What if every nightmare we had somehow decreases our life? My mom woke up really scared and panting. It is not good for her high blood pressure. Maybe when we dream, our soul takes this opportunity to wonder, to experience more than the physical self is capable of, and maybe this is why dreams seem so real.

When my sis gets her 'episodes' it is usually when she is tired and worn out. I have seen this and it scares me shitless. I've had to hold her down so many times with my entire body but she still manages to throw me off as well as her huge husband. Her eyes would be white and twitching and she would be incoherent to us. When she screams, it is blood-curling. Those were the violent episodes. When she sleeps she gets trapped in that realm and escape seems impossible. Sometimes, she'll be like that for 12 hours or more. So she tries not to sleep and thus she is weakened - body, mine and soul. It got so bad a few months back that she was constantly possessed every other day.

Recently, they consulted a geomancer and was advised to move from the current house as it was a cross road for the unliving. The house sits on the border of the living and unliving. Thus, it is a portal for them to pass through as and when they wish and Lee Na sees them. I believe that some people are born susceptible to these kind of things. My mom, Lee Na and Lee Ling and my nephews are those who see these things. Lee Na and Lee Ling follows my mom in genes and maybe that is why they see whereas Lee Hoon and I don't. I may not see them but I feel them. No wonder I was never comfortable in Lee Na's house. I always felt that I was being watched by... something. How should we react to something like this?

No comments: