Friday, August 08, 2003

What is the world coming to???

My cousin was harassed by road bullies last night. Two young malay men, one with a caterpillar mustache, riding pillion on a modified motorcycle chased her after she pulled out of the intersection near her house. They were shouting and smacking her car every time they were abreast, but luckily she kept her head and refused to stop the car when they tried to get her to pull over by using typical road bully tactics. They even tried to open her back door but luckily it was locked. She had no idea why these men are attacking her. It could be because they saw that there was a pretty girl driving all alone at night and thought they could take advantage of her. Boy did she show them. She fought back by driving a little dangerously and tried to nudge them off the road by swerving whenever the bike was parallel to her car. They followed her all the way to town which was 15 minutes away, so she headed for the police station. When the harassers realised this, they disappeared. If my cousin did offend them in some way, then they shouldn't mind following her into the police station, but they didn't. Even though if she did offend them there is NO call to attacked her like that.

This is just one incident that has made me most adamant that I will not be settling down in Kelantan, and I will try my hardest to get my mom to move to KL.

Kelantan is a horrible place because it is so filled with Malays and their fanatical and warped interpretation of Islam. I know the real practice of Islam is not so stupid as the one practiced here in Kelantan. Basem taught me that the real Islam is a peaceful religion, unlike the farce of a religion taught by PAS. We all think it, but we dare not say it. Well I'm saying it now because someone has to if we want to be safe. You ask how to I equate that incident with my ravings? Well, PAS has been trying to implement the Hudud laws which proclaims women as objects subjected to the whims of fanatically self-righteous, fibre-deficient and conceited men who are so warped in their thinking and reasoning, that they do not realised that they are cowards. Maybe those harassers for whatever unthinkable reason decided to attacked my cousin because they think they have the right to do bully a girl. If it were a guy, they would have thought twice before acting like hooligans And the reason they think this is because they were brainwashed by PAS. PAS is the same political party that dictated that pretty women should not work because they can use their beauty as a commodity, whereas ugly women don't have such luck so they should work. Does this mean that PAS puts a lot of stock in physical looks and not the heart? Is that what Islam is all about?! Maybe pretty girls in their offices are too much of a temptation and they seek to remove said temptation from their lusty peripheral with that stupid suggestion. So what does that say about them being a Man? They are not real men. They are boys, if they have as little control as that. The only thing separating us from animals is that we have the ability to control our basic urges.


The stooopid side

Example 1: If a woman is raped, she has to have at least four MALE witnesses to prove her case. AND female witnesses have no power - FOUR female witnesses equals to ONE male witness. What the HELL is that? And of course if you are wearing 'provocative' clothing meaning non-baju kurung and no tudung, then you are in the wrong for inciting the rapist to rape you.

Example 2: A couple of girls were molested in the school's girls' toilet by a group of guys who followed them into the toilet. When they reported this to the asst headmaster, who is a staunch supporter of PAS, the jerk told them he couldn't do anything as it was their own fault for dressing provocatively and flirting with boys in general. (The girls were in uniform.)

Example 3: Women should only be allowed to be mothers and teachers, and should not be allowed to handle 'manly-matters' (politics, business dealings, banking, etc). I had this little 'advice' lectured to me by a secondary school teacher years ago. Apparently, females must stay home and be a baby factory and must make sure that your husband is happy no matter what, even though you are not happy, coz if your husband is happy, you are happy.

Well do you know what this female says to that? Screw you and your advise to hell. Some people might even think this is a good advice but I'm a contrary creature, so says my sister. Go figure.

These are just some examples that I come across all the time when I come back to Kota Bharu. Then today I went to close my account at Maybank and all the time I was in there, men with white 'croqueted' hats were staring at me, and I did not imagine it as I did a sweep and each one of them were staring boldly. One sleazy 60 plus-year-old man wearing a sarong and a turban tried to chat me up! Then he put his arm along the back of the seat next to me with his fingers tapping next to my shoulders with fingers wriggles from time to time. I got fed up. I looked him straight in the eye but he couldn't hold my gaze. His eyes shifted away, but not his fingers! Lecher!

I really hate this town. And it's still a town coz they don't know jack about possible development of a town much less governing one. They just wanna drive around town in their Mercedes Benzes, wearing Rayban sunglasses with a white turban, at 40kph in the fast lane.

No comments: