Sunday, August 10, 2003

acciDENTAL talk?

Saturday was the only day I had to do everything. Came back early in the morning from my auntie's place as mom had to go give tuition to a bunch of Form 1 kids. Anyway, I took the opportunity to do a little closet cleaning and lo behold, my clothes from days of bad fashion sense! I had leg warmers in all colours including pink *_*, big sweaters with shoulder pads, those stupid high waisted jeans in tan and dirty green, and a whole load of t-shirts bought on the other side of the border; two even with *cringe* NKTB pictures on it! I threw about 80% of those clothes away; I doubt the poor would want them. Patches is now the proud owner of a mountain of cloths - he uses them for his bedding... he's soooo delighted. ^_^

Later on, went to my twice-removed dental surgery cousin who was named after a show in the 70's.


Dr. T. Sea Hunt:So back for holiday?

Me: No... in KL now. *squirming*

Sea Hunt: Oh where are you working now?

Me: Oh around la... freelance thingie... *squirming*

Sea Hunt: *changes topic* So how's your mom? (Mom is in the lounge)

Me: She's okay... in fact she's outside you can ask her.

Sea Hunt: (Knows I don't want to talk much)
Okay la, let's take a look at your teeth.....
(Two minutes later...)
Hmm... very good... you've been brushing very well... minimal gum bleeding... no plaque...
(Me beaming of course)
BUT....
Don't over do it okay? You've been over-brushing...
(Alamak... praise then put BUT in sentence... never knew there were such thing as over- brushing... well you live and learn everyday...)

Me: *Mumble mumble* (Can't very well speak properly right with a foreign object stuck into your mouth...)

Sea Hunt: Yeah....

Me: *mmmph... mumble mumble... *

Sea Hunt: Yes, you have to be gentle and brush at a 45 angle...

Me: *ahh uhhayy mmphg*?

Sea Hunt: 45 degrees coz it will get into those hard to reach places...

Me: *Uh... olaayhh ... bvvutt, wwhah ahout oossh phhoopace, uld wvee olttay , fwightt, uytt sthenm - UGHH!*

Sea Hunt: Don't talk so much... careful haah?

*What the-?*


I think this is some kind of evolutionary dental talk... It's amazing how dentists can and expect to carry a conversation with the patient while he/she's is creating a masterpiece in your mouth... *sigh*

After the dentist appointment, went to The Store to buy dog food for Patches and got a few things settled... buy this and that to bring back to KL, go look at silver jewellery, look at cheap shoes and clothes, got my glasses fixed, cut my hair...

Generally, this is what we do when we go back to our hometowns. So much more convenient that doing all this in KL and cheaper too! My hair cut cost me RM9! KL is sooo over-priced!

No comments: