Monday, August 11, 2003

Transportation made easy

I'm back from the land of the damned. But I miss Patches so much. He's soooo adorable and I miss him. *sigh* Trust me to go ga-ga over a pet. =P

Seriously, despite KLIA being stuck in the land of Kelapa Sawits (Palm oil plantations), it is quite easy to get there and back with the KLIA express and Sentral Station. Of course since all I had were my laptop and a trolley bag, it was a breeze. RM35 for a one-way ticket is reasonable, coz such costly technology needs to be maintained properly in order for it to function without a hitch, right? I don't know why people are still complaining about KLIA being so far. RM35 is considered cheap by international standards, imagine paying the exorbitant prices for trains in Tokyo, Switzerland, England, etc; ours is by far the cheapest for such ease and comfort. I overheard a lady at the ticket counter exclaiming her disgust at the price and saying they were cheating customers and such. *roll eyes*

Driving there is no hardship either, since most KLites drive past 100kph when on the highways.

So why all the hoo haa still? I'll admit that in the beginning some ripples were warranted, but afterwards they should have smoothed out by now. *sigh* I guess we will always cling to the old days when things were dirt cheap.

Haha, you might be thinking about my hair cut entry and well rightly so. We all want to pay next to nothing if we can, but we can't, if we want our economy to boom. I understand that. But at the moment RM60 for a brush and chop is not within my pitiful means.... =P

No comments: