Wednesday, August 13, 2003

I'm really going to Perth! Tralalala LA...!

I've got my tickets to Perth yesterday! And my visa too so it is finalised! *waving tickets in the air* Kim, Kim can you see? ^__^ Just another week and I'll be in the land of sun, sea and surf. Bliss man, bliss. Of course I'll be suffering when my credit card bill comes later on but I'm trying not to think too much about it. =p I never really believed I was gonna go until I got my ticket in hand. It was almost like waiting for the axe to fall or something.


A night of cigars, wine and Belgium liqueur chocolates

Later, met up and had a good time catching up with Zona and Aqmal last night at Souled Out. I think this is the first time in almost a month that I've seen them; Zona's been really busy lately. Zona brought the cigars and a nice wooden box of Belgium liqueur chocolates, and I brought two bottles of wine - a Evans & Tate Cabernet Merlot and a Sandalford 1998 Shiraz. Lydia was supposed to join us but she couldn't make it. The Cabernet Merlot was good, my uncle would have loved it - dry, red wine is his favourite. The Shiraz was lighter, easier to drink as it wasn't so dry, but it had good legs and a deep burgundy glow. Not a bad choice if I do say so myself. =p Will definitely be buying more when I go to Perth next week. Zona bought a box of small Cuban cigars (I forgot the name - Mont-something) and medium sized Romeo&Juliets; while the Cuban ones are supposed to be the best, I found it kinda harsh for me, so settled for the lovely Romeo&Juliets (They tasted GREAT with the chocolates) ^__^

Made friends with our waiter - Remmy (how is his name spelt, zon?). He gave us free corkage for the second bottle of wine at the end after Aqmal subtle efforts of sweetening him up with chocolate and cigars! Hee hee... Remmy certainly enjoyed it. Nice guy, only 20 years old but he looks older than us; even ask our age earlier on. Not to sound too 'aware', but I bet many patrons (many of whom were MUCH older than us) were wondering how the hell and what the hell are us young'uns doing drinking wine and smoking cigars and eating liqueur chocolates, when they were having beer and chips. =p

No comments: