Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Nice, cold blessed weather...

Kim's been teaching me how to play a guitar and I've found that I'm not any good coz I've got short fingers. If I have to press any more than three places, I'm totally useless. I'm not a total guitar virgin as I have held one before - my dad's - and even strummed a few 'noise' now and then, and yet even with proper teaching, I'm a lost case. I wonder how people with short fingers manage; they must have the most flexible fingers in the world to be able to contort their digits into such unnatural angles. I console myself with the fact that I am not totally musically challenged since I can play a bit of tunes on the piano. *grin*

We went to the city today, and did a spot of shopping. There is a Cotton On sale going on at the moment at unbelievable low prices - I'm talking single digits and double digits that will not even burn a tiny hole in your pocket. But I didn't go crazy if that's what you are thinking with my above excuse and all. I resigned myself to two items which cost $20, which I think is a bargain, as the normal price would have carried that number way, way over my meagre budget.

Anyway, we wanted to have yummy lunch at Mr. Samurai but it was, as usual, packed to the eyebrows. No biggie, only coz I've been dreaming about it for a year! Oh well, we were certainly not gonna squeeze into that overdressed crowd. I find it funny that office yuppies always flocked to that place when it is mainly a students' hangout eatery. I guess it is because it is so cheap. And the fact that it is so yummy helps heaps. ^_^ We are going to go back again on Friday, and try our luck. Hee hee…

Then we came back and walked Max. By gosh, he is one powerful canine! He almost yanked my arm out of its socket. He gets very excited when he is allowed to go out to the park, and with other dogs around he goes crazily excited. But he is not very well behaved when he is outside as every thing distracts him, and it is hard for Kim to control him. Kim wanted to let him run loose but there were other dogs there and there were all small and fragile lap dogs - one tumble from Max and they are likely to break something like a bone or their spirit. Kim is considering enrolling him in Behaviour School.

It's been a good day. We just had a heart-to-heart chat and belly-aching laugh session in front of the heater (it's soooo cold and my nose is all stuffed up and all nasally... mainly due to my reaction to Max's fur) and it seems like old times. Seriously, it seems like I never left, like the one-year gap never happened and when I came back, the ends just came together seamlessly. It's weird. But 'tis good. I guess it is because we are so comfortable with each other. We can basically be our true selves in front of each other. She is definitely a friend for life.

The weather hasn't been behaving itself lately. Apparently, I brought the bad weather with me from Malaysia. It started raining when my plane landed and we got drenched with cold stinging fat droplets when we ran to the car with my luggage. I looked like a lumbering idiot (I was carrying my huge hard shell case whereas Kim had my gym bag. =))

Anyway, it is COLD, and I've missed this so much. Sweet, blessed cold. =P Well, it is a godsend with the heat we've been suffering in Malaysia. Oi, I don't have air-con ok... and I sleep on the floor, and heat sinks whereas cold ascends. Haha... lame... *grin*

No comments: