Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I've got a job!!!

I finally got a job. Yay! I went in for an interview with Ben Chung at Double Vision Productions and I got the job! While I am excited that I will finally be working and earning again, I'm kinda frightened about it. The woman who had the post before was apparently so good that Ben didn't want to let her go but he had to, AND she has BIG FEET. I worry about filling in her shoes and the task seems daunting.

Ben sat me down. After the usual Q&A, he then proceed to fill me in on my duties. "You just listen, and then at the end, if you want the job, you tell me Yes or No on the spot," he said before launching into a myriad of information that left me spinning on my axis. For two and a half hour, he told me most of everything that was going to happen and what my job description was going to be. Information overload! And now I feel apprehensive about it. But then if I don't try the job, how else am I gonna know if I'm going to like it, right?

ALSO Interface Advertising called me a hour after I got home from the interview. They wanted me to freelance for them for two weeks. But since I've already said Yes to DV, I can't very well work for them too. As the phone conversation went on, the girl managed to persuaded me to do ONE piece for them. I'll go in tomorrow for a briefing and discussion of payment. I last few days of freedom and I'll be working. *sigh* What have I done? I have only two hands and I've offered them both. I'm itching to free one of my hands but then I'm looking more towards the future. I've convince myself that I should do the freelance work. Never know, if they like my work, they'll remember me in the future and that is getting my toe in the door.

Amazing... when it rains, it pours...

No comments: