Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Hijacked to the Marketing Dept.

Yeap, I'm now offered the post of Marketing Executive instead of the Programming Exec. I haven't decided if I want the job yet. Why? Coz it's marketing that's why. I'm not a very sales oriented person but apparently I won't be that kind of marketing exec. But I think that at some point I might have to dip my toes if not plunge head first into that cold end. *sigh*

Ben called me fri evening to asked me to go in for another interview. At that point, I was thinking, "What the heck? Didn't you already offered me the job and we shook on it?" But I did ask why instead and he said that the manager wants to meet me in person. My heart did a little flop when he said that. The manager wants to meet me??? Why??? And for that whole weekend I was quite apprehensive and pensive. Finally somebody named Abby called me yesterday to go in for the interview with one of the Big Three today.

Thank god I was interviewed by one of the Big Three's wives instead - Helen. I like Helen. Helen is such a pleasant woman. She made the whole process of the interview comfortable and natural. I didn't even stutter once. It was like an entirely new and separate interview. She viewed all of my work and asked me the usual questions. Then she explained my duties to me, and most of them were PR and marketing stuff. I was being transfered to the marketing dept as the former position no longer exists. All this in the space of a week! Apparently the company is growing and positions are shifted here and there.

Basically, if I accept the job, I'll be working in Helen's marketing dept instead of Ben's programming side. I don't know if I want this marketing job. When I applied for the former position I thought I'd be doing more creative TV stuff, but now.... *sigh*

I might just take the job coz I like Helen, or I might not. I don't know yet. I told Helen I'll give her an answer tomorrow. After all, the dynamics of the position has shifted to one that is as foreign to me as a fish on land. Maybe I'll grow legs and learn to walk...


No comments: