Saturday, May 24, 2003

My mind's like a Ferris wheel and I CAN'T sleep!

It is 7:57am now and I've yet to catch a wink of sleep! ARGH! I feel so tired, my eyelids feel heavy; even my hair feels tired. Bah, but my mind is running in a thousand directions and sleep is far from it. So freakin' frustrating! I got home at 4am just now and I've been tossing and turning and generally trying to solve world hunger in my head...
And I have gym in three hours time! I sooo need sleep. ARGH! I can't miss anymore of my gym sessions since I've been missing them the past three weeks. I need to sleep.

Went to dinner with Estella and Jaymee at Little Sai Gon at Desa Sri Hartamas last night. It is supposed to be 'Authentic Vietnamese Cuisine' but somehow it doesn't taste quite right. For one my mint leaves weren't fresh and it was really oily. I'm not sure if that is the suppose-to-be thing. But the rare beef in my Pho Tai was tender and yummy. Added with plum sauce make it heavenly. Plus they top up your green tea constantly. I love green tea; must have drunk at least two pots - evidence - lotsa overtime in the ladies. =P

After that we met up with Jael. My gawd, he so thin now and he still looks the same except for his voice. It has deepened since the last time I heard him which was after LICT graduation. It was good to see Jael again. He gave Estella and I a huge hug. He is still so adorable. It is hard for me to think of Jael as a he when he used to be a she. I remember I used to call her 'woman' (as I am wont to do every now and then) and Jael always got annoyed. Now I have to condition myself to call her a he now. Jael has an Adam apple too! Apparently it was an unexpected bonus coz not every transsexual has them. Jael showed us his chest - it is flat. The mounds are totally gone. It was very fascinating. I did think twice about blogging about this but I don't think Jael minds me talking about it. He is very open-minded about his change. He regaled us with his surgery details and some pertinent details about his bodily functions. It was all very fascinating. I can't quite stop myself from saying that bit. It does somewhat boggles the mind... maybe that is why sleep is eluding yours truly. Mr.Sandman, Mr.Sandman, where art thou Mr.Sandman???

No comments: