Monday, May 19, 2003

I got the job, but not the one I thought
Bah, I can't believe I deleted all I just typed! Arrgh! That was 3 paragraphs worth of blog and now I have to start again. Anyway, I just got back from my interview and it was weird. I went for an interview for a freelance copywriting job and I came back with a powerpoint job and an invitation to join Bill in the Unit Trust trading business. He thinks I can do this as I seem "ambitious". "You never know when opportunities come a-knocking," he said. True. But I'm not sure about the trading part. I never did have a head for accounts. I dropped the subject and took up carpentry instead when I was in Form One.

Bill isn't a hard-ass at all. Instead he is a sweet old man with a slight hearing problem I think. And he was really nice, a gentlemen of his age. He thought I was an advertising executive who could deal with the media for him as well as get discounts on ads and such. Had to dispel him of that notion. Wish I were that person then I wouldn't be in this rut. So I told him what I do and he looked through all my work. I should have brought my multimedia cds with me. He would've been interested. Hey I'm proud of my work. Bill seemed determined to hire me and he looked through my resume and found a job for me to do - to create a powerpoint template for his seminar slides. He gives seminars on managing your funds and trading to make profits not loses. Haha, sounds like a slogan there. He explain what he did and that led to the invitation to join his team. I'm still a bit confused as to what happened there... *grin*

I dreamt of a snake

I had a strange dream last night. I dreamt I was bitten 3 times by a Mohave Dessert Sidewinder, popularly known as the Sidewinder or Horned Rattlesnake - one bite on each fist and one on my calf. It was weird. I got into my cousins car at the back and there was the snake next to me. It was poised to strike and I reached over to try to catch the head.(I know I should never do that, Steve and Jeff said so, but it's my dream - let me be the snake wrangler ok.) Instead I got bitten. It didn't hurt and I remember why it didn't hurt in my dream. And it didn't look like puncture wounds but a clean slash. I think I've been watching too many episodes of the Crocodile Hunter and Jeff Corwin's if I'm able to recognise the species in my dream! The chinese believe that if you dream that you are bitten by snakes means you will soon be in a relationship. Apparently it is not a joking matter. All my sisters swear by it coz it has happened to them. Dream and then wham! You're in a relationship. *shrug* Go figure. Has the Chinese crack the code in dream interpretation?

No comments: