Monday, May 19, 2003

I wish the sun WOULD tear then it wouldn't be so freakin' hot

Bah, I woke up feeling all gross and sick again. This cough is really irritatingly clingy. Go away already will you! I've been so good these past three weeks eating all the right stuff and avoiding cold food and I'm bleeding tired of it. The possibility of me ever eating ice-cream again seems very vague. *wail* And today was HOT! By 12.25pm the house was heating up fast. Yeah haven't invested in an air-conditioning unit coz there is no space at all. I live in a cubicle... with my two sisters and a housemate. We are all waiting for our respective houses to be built so we can finally move out of this oven. Lee Hoon swung by and picked me up after gym ( I was too depleted to do gym.) and we went to see Tears of the Sun, translation to BM is "Pahlawan Gagah"! *grin* I have no idea how that happened. Must be some special meaning in the title I couldn't understand. Tears being the pahlawan and the gagah being the sun... =P Almost laugh myself silly at the title.

Had a celebrity sighting too to boot. Saw Bernard Chandran and his family. Well they were hardly inconspicuous. Good looking man dressed tastefully with trendy light sunglasses, with a tall though not lanky model wife, young son and brother in-law (?) in tow. They bought buckets of popcorn and stuff. Probably went to see Matrix Reloaded.

Tears of the Sun was a so-so movie. It would have been a good film if they had ditched the pretty doctor. She was such an irritating bitch that I wanted to climb into the movie and shake her 'till all her teeth drop out. She kept referring to the locals as HER people. Just because she's an american by marriage doesn't make her THE lighthouse. And the part where she was at the border, she demanded to be let through with the magic word: "Let me through. I'm an American!" For goodness sake, she wasn't even at an american embassy or something. And the romantic chemistry between her and Bruce Willis' character... *puke* Overkill. I think it would have been a better movie if they killed her off and concentrated on the President's son, Arthur. The movie seems like a slap job with shody workmanship quite visible in between the cracks. Was so looking forward to watching a good military movie. Came home and watched The Rock.

Then I helped Lee Hoon polished her car. Wax in, wax out. My arm aches. No wonder it is such a good workout. After that I had to chip a sapling down coz it 'might be hiding things" so says my paranoid neighbour. I did it to shut her up as she's been nagging to cut it down for weeks now. My instrument of death was a 3 inch long kitchen knife smeared with vegetable oil. So I sat there next to that horrible smelling drain and chip away at the trunk. For a sapling, its trunk was sure hard as nails. Sigh. I got a blister from that murderous swing. Living in KL has made me soft. My hands used to be rough and hard, now it's all soft and vulnerable. Bah.

I have an interview tomorrow at Megan Phileo Ave at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng at 10:30am. It's for a freelance copywriting job. The guy I'll be meeting, Bill, sounds like an american. Sigh. They are everywhere. On the phone, he sounded like a hard-ass as he was shouting down the phone at me. He must have been in a really noisy place indeed... Tomorrow's Monday.(Now is Sunday night for me... =P) Bill called me on Saturday after he said he would call me on Monday morning to confirm the meeting. This already gives me an idea about how hard-working he is. After that, I'll be going to go to Pet Wonderland and inquire about that Sales Assistant job. I can't seem to let it go. Plus my bank account is drying up really fast. I'll be destitute is just a few weeks. Serves me right for being so choosy with my jobs I guess. My world is fracturing. Would it be like this had I accepted the Bandar Utama writing job four months back? I'm so kicking myself now. *Big long sigh.*

No comments: