Wednesday, May 07, 2003

The great works of Willy

Zona and I went to see The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged). Zona got the tickets for free from Phillipa Yoong (She used to be our champion water skier and she is Alexander Yoong�s sister� if you don�t know who HE is then you are not Malaysian.) Love you Zon! She�s got great contacts that girl. =P *hugs* How could I turn down such a great opportunity? Hee hee� Zona picked me up early so that we could have dinner at December Mont Kiara. She knows the chef and my fettuccine salmone was superb. *smack lips* Well, everything salmon is out of this world for me. Hmm� why the term �out of this world� when clearly salmons spawn down here on earth? Anyway back to the itinerary. After dinner we pointed the wheel towards the Securities Commission Auditorium at Bukit Kiara and picked up our delightful Complimentary tickets at the counter. The seats in the auditorium were arranged very well indeed. No one was blocked by any fruit-laden hats a�tall. Everyone had a good view of the stage as the spacious seats were raised high and bolted to a steep 70-degree angle to the stage. I honestly didn�t know what to expect and I certainly didn�t expect what I saw for the next 97 minutes. The play was hilarious. It wasn�t so much so the plots that was funny but the interpretations of old and new jumbled together by the talented cast of Ezra Bix, Tim Schwerdt and Berynn Schwerdt; aussies. (Figures) Only Aussies can come up with such a funny and twisted version as this. =D They really took the deadly seriousness of Shakespeare�s work out and injected the play with a fusion of the new, the current and the politically correctness of today�s world. They have also adapted some scenes with some Malaysian flavour like singing in Malay and taking a jab at Singaporeans which we are wont to do most times. And there was the �please put all your money in HSBC bit� thrown in at the last minute! HSBC is the sponsor. Cute! I was laughing so much that I almost choked. Plus I had to constantly wipe my eyes as I was almost crying in laughter. The entire theater was awash in tears I tell ya. It was brilliantly done this play! I strongly urge you guys who have not seen it to go see it! The last day is this week Friday. After the play, we met up with Andy and his friends at Dharoos. My gawd I felt so old sitting among those college students. Bah� I am no longer a student. Wish I could scrap off the 03 in my ISIC student card and pen in 05 or something. Certainly will allow me more movie privileges. =P

No comments: