Monday, February 02, 2004

Star sighting at Subway

I got my first sighting of an actor and his model, chiselled-jaw friend, the other day at Subway. Both guys were of course darn good-looking - no arguments there - as they had on shades and 5 o'clock stubbles. Talk about sexy. Of course both had the mixed blood look and they fairly oozed confidence as they ordered their BMTs. The actor is currently staring in a local show and soon to be starring in a baywatch-type dramedy that will be airing in a few months if the producers have their way. His friend, a model, as I later found out drew my eye. He had on a white tee, not too tight, 5 o'clock stubble AND aviation shades. Lethal combination. I confess... it was the aviation shades that did it for me. I stole a look only to find him looking my way. Eep. How embarassing. Of course we all know he wasn't admiring me; he was probably thinking "Omeegawds... that fat girl is looking at me. HIDE!" @__@

Then he opened his mouth to order. My admiration deflated. He spoke English like he was trying too hard. Of course it was two or three sentences - not enough to condemn him to linguist hell, but *shrug* it's only just my reaction at that time.

My senses were so drawn to those cool dudes that I didn't notice Aqmal standing behind them in line! He later smsed me to tell me he saw me at Subway but I did a vanishing act before he could say hi. Omigawd, I was mortified to be caught 'gawking' like that, and by a friend to boot. Sorry mal.

What is it about actors that we seem to in awe of? They have good looks but then we know nothing of their attitudes or insides. It seems weird that we mere humans are blinded by their patina of glory. And by 'patina', I mean 'coating'...

No comments: