Friday, January 30, 2004

Laughing myself silly

Caution: Rambles ahead. Do not read if prone to dizziness and sleepiness.

No wonder there are so many jokes on the internet - they were obviously written by bored office peons. Yeap, I'm bored. I'm supposed to be in the weekly VNM meeting but I got stuck with phone duty, meaning I have to stay very close to my phone just in case a guest calls to confirm his/her attendance to the FHH Programme Launch next week. I'm in charge of the guest list, rsvps and basically attendance.

At the moment only a handful of people has confirm that they are coming. Die la if only 20 of the 150 turns up. @__@ But it won't be my ass on the line coz it's not my fault people gave me their guestlist late despite me chasing them for it. Oh well.

Going back on the beaten path, the jokes... yeah there must be heck of a LOT of bored working people out there. I'm one of them at the moment and I've taken to reading silly and humourous jokes about Singaporeans (we don't have to stop taking pot shots of them just because..) =P And there are some pretty funny ones out there about their kiasuness and greediness and everything. Even got one about a king, a princess and two penises. Haha.

It's a revolutionary move of the working office peons - we have taken a step into turning ourselves into creative and less stressful peons during office hours.

I know I'm rambling - coz I am so bored I forehead almost touched my desk top right there. Had to smack myself awake.

I know I should be happy I'm bored, meaning my work is less now, but it is also because I've finished most of my work fast. I prefer to do them now and correct them later. Whatever.

No comments: