Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Chavanistic pigs

I got drafted to be the receptionist at DV's FHH Programme Launch today. It is not a pleasant job. The desk was in the sun, so I had it moved to a spot in the shade but there was no wind and it was HOT. Then I had H**** to help me man the desk and boy, can he complained a lot. Everything also complained. I seriously wanted to stuff the angpaus in his mouth. Then ask him to help me do some extra stuff and he has to comment on how stupid or whatever it is, with a few obscene words thrown into his diatribe. I ignored him and did it myself. Someof us had to carry 70 heavy goodie bags down to the ground floor and then after that 40 plus goodie bags back up to the third floor when the turnout wasn't as expected. A lot of the guests and media people came late and me alone had to stand outside to wait for them, register them, opened the heavy studio doors for them and direct them towards the main reception area. Arghhh! The guys who were suppose to help me do all this had disappeared and left me all alone to do everything while they were inside the AIR-CONDITIONED studio and I was under the hot sun. Seriously and they wonder why Malaysian girls think Malaysian guys are ungentlemanly and uncouth. Well, here's the proof. Jerks. All except Yap. He was nice and he did not presume or throw off airs unlike some I might mention. Sheesh.

This is my blog and if I want to throw pies at someone who pissed me off, I will. So sue me and I will pay you with monopoly money, coz it is a fitting tribute to something so silly. So there.

There's gonna be a messy mud fight and finger pointing later on when the big boss calls in to find out why the event was the way it was and not as successful as they wanted it to be. I'd better put on my raincoat and protective goggles. There were a few things that did not go as planned. We will see.

No comments: