Saturday, February 28, 2004

A possible stint on the catwalk

Hey it's the weekend! Yay! Finally I get to do more shopping/serious damage to my bank account. Yeah, I'm just such a shopalholic... This time, I told myself I needed to shop coz I need new shoes - I only have two pairs of shoes that I can use for work as others are more casual like sandals and such. Oh course since I was at the mall, no harm looking at clothes, right? *grin* Nah, I didn't buy much this time, but I did manage to get two more pairs of shoes for work and two blouses from dp.

The lure of shopping is wanning for me. I don't get a kick buying stuff with my money anymore. Hmm... but the highlight of the day was when I was asked if I wanted to become a model for a the REAL Boutique, a store that sells plus size clothes for young women like me. I'm a customer there. I was just paying for my shirt when the stylist floored me with her question,"Do you want to be a model for us?" I blinked, then asked her to repeat her question. She did and I asked if she took a good look at me. She said that she did and besides she gets to choose her models. WOW! So I gave her my name and mobile number and she asked if I would be able to come in on short notice if they need me. I said yes of course!

Omg... the fact that somebody asked me to be a model is just... mind boggling! Me! The fat girl! Holey-kamoley! They probably need real people to model their clothes or something, and not stick-thin girls as thin people aren't their target market. After that, I was on a high. Of course the possibility that she was just making me feel good so that I would go back to her store again did occur to me but I don't care. I'm happy! Just when I'm so down lately, this comes along... great confidence booster. ^__^

No comments: