Tuesday, February 03, 2004

A mouthful of friends and family?

I once blog about the meaning behind dreams when I had a dream about being bitten by a snake. Apparently the snake thing is true - I asked my oldest aunt and she confirmed it, saying that is how she got her husband - by not running the next time the snake chased her in her dreams... =p

This morning I had a dream about one of my tooth being loose and ready to fall out. So I asked my sister what it meant and what she told me is not good. Apparently, if you dream about a tooth falling out or one that fell out, it means that sickness or death is imminent in your family or close friends' future. Of course it isn't always right; a dream about a tooth falling out could be just that, a dream, but the chinese believe that is it a warning about the future. Lee Na dreamt of her tooth falling out when my dad passed away and Lee Hoon had the same dream when my grandmother passed away. So there is a pattern here that holds no comfort for me.

Not to make too light of this, but does this mean that we can only have 32 close family and friends in our life time? At the moment there are only 27 permanent teeth left in my poor mouth. Four was extracted for the purpose of braces and one was my wisdom tooth extracted via surgery. So, that means I have only 27 close family and friends in my life? Of course 27 only until I get my next set of teeth in the next life... assuming I believe in reincarnation.

No comments: