Tuesday, February 03, 2004

She was right. May she rest in peace.

I hate to say it but I was right. Right about Vincci shoes. I should never have broken my vow and bought this pair of gorgeous, beige that is about as flimsy as a cardboard shoe. Yes, I made a vow back in 1998 not to ever buy another pair of Vincci shoes after the three pairs I bought broke within two weeks subsequently of each other. I kid you not. Darn, I hate to say it but I. Was. Right.

I was hurrying down the stair to a group marketing meeting when the strap broke and nearly sent me hurtling head over heels to my doom. I managed to grab hold of the banister to halt my progress into gawd-knows-how-much pain, but my phone, file and papers went flying. My heart was aching for my phone as this is the first time it was thrown with such impact - the screen was blank when I picked it up from the landing. Oooowwwiieee... I borrowed Erica's stapler to stapler the strap back to its mooring but it didn't hold longer then two seconds. So I was slightly late to the meeting when I walked with one foot unshod 'elegantly' into the meeting, prompting Helen to remark about my barefeet and dangling shoes.

Wouldn't that look good on my tombstone? "She Was Right. May she rest in peace."
O__o

No comments: