Wednesday, September 17, 2003

What do you do when you're sick?

Blog, of course. =p I feel terrible. *cough cough choke choke* I finally succumbed to the microaliens floating around my house on account of Lee Hoon's coughs and sneezes. She's been sick for the past two weeks and is still coughing up green yuckies every 10 minutes or so. Apparently it's a viral infection that has been laying lots of robust *ahem* people low. Well, I've joined the ranks of the Green Phlegm and frankly it's just a hornet's nest waiting to be jostled. So I would like to apologise in advance for my bitchiness or lack there of. *grin*

I know I don't seem very sickly in my thoughts *you know what I mean...* right now, but my physical self is just gross. Every second I have a frog in my throat and my gag reflex is working overtime trying to get that imaginary amphibian out. *gri-gak* Been drinking hot tea all day, and that is why I'm sooo froggy right now. Can't seem to sit still or go into a blank state anymore. =p My mind is like an Information Highway, I can't seem to keep my neurons in one state.

Anyway, have you ever wondered why we grow our hair? I mean did God tell Eve that hair is a vanity thing? Or did the Snake? Or did humans take immediately to their crown or glory? Or for that matter, did Eve even have hair on top of her head when God made her? If so was it long or short? Was Adam's hair long or short? I mean presumably hair is to keep our brains warm like those cute little knitted egg warmers, so would that mean Adam's hair was long? Would God have given Adam a haircut as depicted in most of the world's religious depictions? Why didn't they paint him with long hair? Maybe it would have made him less of a man in today's eyes since long hair is associated with words like feminine, soft, beauty, pride, desire, and of course the requirements of a shampoo ad girl. Would you show your children a picture of adam and eve with adam sporting shoulder length gleaming locks? I have no idea what I would do. But then the pharaohs weren't carved in stone with long hair. They had no hair; they shaved their heads to escape from the heat. So why did Samson have hair, and why was his power said to be in his long locks? Didn't he suffer from heat as well? How did he manage to even keep it clean and healthy if it was that long? And Medusa - an interesting bit of fiction there. I wonder if whoever wrote that story must have had a grudge against women and their mantle of vanity?

Hair is a luxury. It is a bother to keep it long and clean. Yet we have stayed on the beaten path of hair sociology. All that path lead to is vanity. Which brings me back to the question "Did the snake do it?" Or is the hearsay that the Bible is one of the greatest fictions ever created true?

No comments: