Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Home sweat home

Yeap, it's the same litany again. It's hot back home. My body is still adjusting to being back in KL's sweltering heat. And bath time has become my fav past time since 10 this morning. And I must say I love my bathroom, it doesn't have a showerhead but rather a huge mosaic tub where the water is stored and cooled to perfect iciness. Brr. Ahhh. *grin* You know, I might just move into that space.

Got in about midnight and went straight to bed. Well not right away. Had to do some house cleaning as the house was dusty and yucky after more than a week's absence even though my housemate was in the whole time. Yeah, go figure. Anyway, I've yet to unpack. 'Tis cool, no rush. I did all my laundry in Perth so now all I need to do is shove certain clothes here and there and back onto their shelves.

The flight was turbulent - outside and inside. The plane shook like 40% of the flight and the captain had to ask the crew to take their seats several times. Fought with Lee Ling for the aisle seat. Hee hee... used the excuse that I was bigger therefore needed more legroom. She said she needed the seat coz she goes to the lavatory a lot. But in the end she relented. *grin* I'm still the baby of the family.

Then some man fainted right in front of me and fell on the lady seated in the aisle next to me. I was awakened by her loud 'Oh' of pain and caught him just as she shoved him off her. There were plenty of men around me - white and black and brown and yellow and blue and green - and none of them got up to help me. So there I was, supporting the dead weight man and trying hold onto him, and not being able to let him down as I was still strapped in, for like a whole minute amidst calls to the steward for help. Useless nincompoops. Anyway, his friend saw and came back to help and hoisted him out of my cramped arms, and THEN only did the stewards came and did the whole red-cross-paint-by-the-number procedures. After than it was like a flock of disturb geese. The man was traveling en massed and my lord, the commotion - a flock of ruffled feathers - all flapping about, talking in loud Cantonese, rushing up and down the aisles, looking alarm and pointing here and there and generally making a nuisance of themselves. Don't they realise we were in turbulence and the crew already have their hands full with the man and do not need these flutterers clogging up the aisles? I seriously wanted to just shove each and every one of them, save the wife, into their seats and weld their buckles shut. Idiots? Then after the man was taken into a close off area, these geese then started wandering among themselves, taking bags down, and we were STILL in turbulence. Seriously? What is the matter with this picture? Oh the best part is - going to the loo when we were 5 minutes into landing! The stewardess came out of her seat and shoved the woman back into hers. Good for her.

Other than that the flight was uneventful. Saw Anger Management, laughed with the rest of the plane, drank lotsa wine and paid for it later with a heavy head. Lee Ling knew the leading stewardess, so she gave us like a full glass of Taylor's red. But Lee Hoon and Mom couldn't finish theirs so they gave them to me. I drank them, and broke my own cardinal rule - never drink alcohol when in flight coz it's bad for you. Thank goodness I wasn't that blur when that man fainted. Today, I have a slight hangover coupled with some jet lagginess if you can call it that. Oh gimme that white tablet. ;)

No comments: