Thursday, September 04, 2003

Noli me tangere...

I've been thinking... why is it that women are such hopeless creatures when it comes to matters of the heart? Why is it that our hearts, no matter how well armoured, tend to flutter to some sort of tune that lilts its way our way occasionally? Why is it that we cannot, would not bring our hearts to heel?! Why is it so hard to control when and where and who we should go all oh-so-fluttery over? Pfftt, I say.

As much as I like being a woman, I sometimes question our need for such frippery that has a mind of its own. It is just very annoying to find oneself in such predicament without notice. It truly is non sequitur for such things to happen without some sort of lead or provocation. Well... maybe there was provocation... I guess men who goads any reaction from a female is better then those of a lukewarm nature. Surely any smart female wouldn't want a partner who is boring and utterly tepid to her, right? Besides, flutters of the heart are normal. We get them all the time. Nothing that alarming.

If only.

No comments: