Sunday, September 28, 2003

Hola, recepcion a mi partido! * beso del beso *

I'm still a little stoned. Though I don't have a hangover... thank goodness for small mercies. Lydia brought me to a private party last night in Ampang thrown by her spanish friend Miguel. Seventy percent of his guest were spanish speaking and they all greet each other by kissing both cheeks. Lydia prepped me on the air kisses before we went in, and at first it was... startling to be greeted so informally but after a few kissy noises, I was a pro at it. Haha, yeah right. I didn't know I had to make kissy noises until Lydia told me to. Lydia and I each brought a bottle of wine, and unsurprisingly there were many, many bottles of wine and hard liquer already waiting to be popped and enjoyed.

Okay, I'm shy and that's why I was like a wallflower at first. You know, the quiet one, inching on the edge of the party like a shadow, talking only to Lydia and talking to no one else for the first 1 hour, and poor Lydia had to stick by me when she could have been mixing with her other friends. Of course after a few drinks, I loosened up and managed to make a few friends. Then as the hour progressed, I got quiet high and chatted with anyone who said Hola. Alcohol, the great 'de-inhibitor'.

Zona came later, before midnight and it was nice for the three of us to catch up together again. We finally managed to extricate ourselves from the party at 4am and went to a mamak to catch up some more. Miguel didn't want Lydia to go and was trying to convince her to stay and they'll have mamak food sent up. I didn't know there were such thing as mamak home delivery. Interesting revelation this. I wonder how one sets about ordering the food? Hmm... call or send a rep down? Something to watch out for in the future. I know many would think that this is a stupid revelation but to me it is a facet of the expat life that I never thought about.

Okay, gonna log off now and go to Phillip Wain for a steam and shower. Hopefully there'll be an empty massage bed, but I doubt it. Sunday is always full. *sigh* Oh well. Will have to do without the massage then.

No comments: