Saturday, April 10, 2004

Rockin' Friday Night

Phew, had a fantastic Friday night, as I haven't been clubbing in a long time. Haha. I lie. =P. Went to BarMed in Hartamas with Angie and her friends. I've noticed the place before but I never had an inkling of how great a club it is. They play R&B and the place is huge! There's two level and the view from the top is awesome. I love the music there - they played Linkin Park! Who wouldn't be jiving when that is playing? *grin* And then after 1am, they play trance, though their choices are something to be desired.

Was supposed to have dinner with Angie, but she was working late, so we just jumped to the clubbing part instead. Anyway, met up with two of her friends, Desmond and Jody, both exceptional guys, and then later Wilson, whom I told him in a slightly 'high' state that he will be one of my good friends from that night onward. ^_^ He's a hardcore raver and he too tried to teach me to Melbourne Shuffle and again I was wearing heels, thus foiling his attempt to teach me to be a hardcore raver. Why oh why? Every time I get a chance to learn this elusive dance, I'm always wearing inappropriate footwear? Blech. But anyway, that didn't stop us from climbing the pool ladder and onto the narrow platform to dance. Later, we were joined by Desmond and Angie. Poor Jody had to stay up there and guard our purses - he was not too happy about that methinks.

I came home tipsy. The rounds were on the guys and they kept ordering and ordering. Next time will have to order a couple of rounds for them, but then if they insist on paying, why not? =P Nah, I really enjoyed myself that night, not because of the clubbing, but because of the company. I felt comfortable with them even though they are strangers. Desmond went out of his way to make me feel welcome and for that I think he's cool. All of them are.

Strangely enough, this is the first time I went clubbing with Angie, I think. I can't remember going clubbing with her before and she's cool too. Though we didn't manage to talk much but it was great all the same.

So what did I learn from all this, you ask? Well, I learn that good friends are hard to come by and those that are your friends will be your friend no matter how long you've not seen them. I've also realised that dancing my cares away work, for a while at least. Then reality rears its insistent head and it all comes back, but with less vengence. *shrug*

Did I mention that I think that you-know-who is extremely odious?!

No comments: