Monday, July 28, 2003

Minimal lines + phenomenal stunt cost = Terminator 3

Sunday was a full day for me. Had brekkie with a friend - I almost took a rain check coz I couldn't wake up! The guy wanted to meet at 8am and I was up the previous night chatting with James until 3am. Well, needless to say I was late by half an hour, and he had to wait outside my gate. Haha. I must defend myself and say that I'm usually very punctual but due to unforseen circumstances *grin* I was late. Hee hee.

Later went to see T3 and I must say I was disappointed. The scene where the TX was driving that heavy loader and destruction reigned for a whole 15 minutes - all I thought was: "My gawd, what a waste of raw materials..." Seriously, all those props containing precious metal elements could have been used for want of better things than props in a Hollywood film that is a rehash of it's predecessors' glory days. Nothing can top T2. They should have stopped there. T3 is nothing but minimal lines and minimal acting skills. Nothing but impassioned faces from the two main casts. The ending was most unsatisfying. I left with a... disjointed feeling in my bones... like something left undone by my eyeballs.

But then that's my two cents worth.

No comments: