Monday, July 14, 2003

The Children of Dune lives on

This latest installment of the Dune movie saga is good. Hallmark aired it last night at 9pm. I'm not talking about the plot or story line, but the sheer beauty of the music and visuals, and SFX; all meshing together to bring forth emotions in its viewers, is just amazing. We all know the story already, but the way it was brought together in a film makes it somehow... more evocative in a way, especially the ending where it was "time to settle accounts". THAT was the best part of the movie aesthetically of course. The lament was of joy of the birth, the executions of treasonists and the despair of expected death and pain. I watched those scenes over and over again, absorbing the lament and each time feeling the pull of the emotions emanating from the screen. I love Hallmark. =)

I just can't believe we'll have to wait a week to see the next installment. Sigh. Here's to patience, the only thing I have left.

No comments: