Sunday, August 15, 2004

Cross-eyed

I've been surfing for NZ accommodations the entire day that my eyes are crossed and swirling. I've send countless inquiries and so far I've only gotten a handful of replies back. Not bad for a days work. =p

That site (www.holidayhouses.co.nz) that TNO suggested is very effectlive and helpful compared to those government runned sites that should fire their errant webmasters. But most of the acceptable ones are around NZ$700 - NZ$800 for a self-contained cottage. We don't want motels or inns. Even for ones on the fringes, they cost a bomb.

So yeah, we are going to Auckland this year. Am thinking I want to stay in Coromandel. What do you guys think? Have any of you been there? How about Hamilton? What's in Hamilton by the way? I don't want to drive too far away. I'm thinking nice cottage, cold weather, fireplace, a few good books, scrabble set, and of course wineries. Just the thought of mountains and valleys and wide open spaces... My imagination has taken flight.

-sigh-

No comments: