Friday, January 02, 2004

Still in a haze... of alcoholic fumes

Whoa.... don't think so loud Sharon. Grin! Had a great New Year's Eve the night before. We rented an apartment in Micasa, and there we had a small party with loads of alcohol and laughter. As usual, it is the people that maketh the party and not the other way round. Dinner was steamboat and Julia's delicious pasta. That girl can cook. In fact Kai Leng and Elaine can cook very well too. Give me asian cuisine and I falter in my steps. Give me western cuisine and I'll cook lamb steaks. GRIN! Lamb steaks... yummy. Sorry I got sidetracked, my mind not quite settled in its usual axis. I think I need to go buy something for my head. I thought I slept it off yesterday, but apparently vodka is more lingering than that. I think it is the vodka... it leaves a horrible sharp edge in hangovers. So far, other spirits aren't that potent with me - not even tequila; just v.o.d.k.a. *Roll eyes*

Saw the fireworks, or least half of it as the view was blocked by a white building. Thank goodness the balconey wasn't sectioned off - it was a straight path round - so we squeeze through the tiny space until we were at the end and we could see most of the fireworks. Since I'm not that small like the rest of the girls I had to hotfoot over the protruding air con thingie after I bruised and scratched my tummy when I tried to squeeze though that space once. Like OW. It still hurts... sheesh.

After 12am, the party took on a slightly racier edge for me. Haha, et you're wondering what I did... Nothing la... racier simply because I smoked a few when I don't usually smoke. What is it with alcohol that makes us want to light up? Shh... don't tell my family, okay? Then we played drinking games that was silly but fun as the objection of the game was to get drunk fast. The 007 game and the question game was hilarious. It is amazing how silly and fun we all become when we are high on booze. Laughter was the theme the whole night. We finally got to sleep at 4am plus and I woke up with the sunrise. Only that there wasn't any orange disc I could see as the sky was covered in a haze of what I can only guess as the smoke from last night's fireworks.

I admit that my post is slightly 'loony' in its tone and manner. It is only because I'm still suffering from yesterday's hangover. I'll be okay by midday I hope. Sigh. Its the price I have to pay for a great alcoholic time.

Hope y'all had as great a time as I did on New Year's Eve!

No comments: