Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Squeeze me 'till I die

Migawd, flying home with a stuffed nose was enough to make it my 'annual horribilis'. Getting 'The Squeeze' whilst a thousand feet in the air made me wish I had taken something more grounded home. Eesh. The pain was terrible. It doesn't come on straight away like a whammy, but it blooms gradually as the pressure increases with each few feet ascended. The pain started on my left temple, then worked its way to my forehead, slowly ever tightening, until I felt like my head was in a vise, like a giant had his whole hand on my head and was squeezing the life-blood out of it. Instead of feeling light-headed, I felt that my head weighted a ton. I had hope to avoid this by going to see the doc for some pills for the flight as well as to get well, but HAH. Still got The Squeeze still. By the time I exited the plane, I was scowling at everyone and everything, even the trash bins for being to shiny and new looking. Bah.

Now, I am back at work. Yes I'm working, coz I can't afford not to as there are too many things to be done. One day is enough to fill my in-tray to the 'brim'.

@__@

No comments: