Friday, July 01, 2005

Locked out!!!

My god.... I just spent the one hour in panic mode. I'm now at KLIA waiting to board my flight back to KB and to Patches. My flight is at 10.30pm and I still had not picked up my ticket. The deadline was 2 hours before flight. So I had to get there by 8.30pm. So I rushed back from work, got ready and was out of the house by 7.30pm. I was in a rush as you can imagine. All I am carrying is a change of clothes, my laptop and basic neccessities, all cramped into my bagpack. And I had to lock it since I was taking the LRT, bever know whose sticky fingers might find their way into my belongings.

So I got to Sentral Station and I rushed to pick up my ticket at the MAS office. I recited by reference number and then I tried to get my credit card to pay for the ticket. THE DARN LOCK WOULDN'T OPEN! I was like OH SHIT! Everything was inside my bag! I was yanking on the lock, twisting it this way and that, trying the combination again and again and again and trying all sorts of angles. It still wouldn't open! ARGH! I was like "Blast! I can't pay for my ticket! HOW?" The MAS girl was looking impatiently at me as there were other people waiting to be served.

Then, luckily I noticed that the gaps in between the zips was just big enough for my hand to squeeze through as the lock allowed for the open space (it was the cable type lock). Lord, I breathed a sigh of relief and yank the zips as wide as it could go and stuffed my hand in and presto! emerged with my purse!

After I paid for my ticket, I got another ticket for the KLIA Express and boarded it. For the entire 28 minutes journey to KLIA, I fiddled with the lock, trying to open it. It was futile. In the end, I had to try each combination ONE BY ONE. Painstakingly turning the dials and pressing the release button. ONE BY FUCKING ONE. I was up to 664 when the train pulled in at KLIA.

I found a quiet corner in the airport and continued with my dial turning. I reached the 999 and still the bloody thing wouldn't pop open. I really wanted to just smash that evil thing against the wall by that time. But I was afraid that security might question me. =/ and that they might think it was a stolen bad!

So I tried again and started from the top. A few minutes later, LO AND BEHOLD, the lock popped open with a tiny click! I must have reset it when I locked it in a rush. The new combination was very near to the original number and I did try it a few times. My panic state made me clumsy. Sigh.

My laptop's free and now I'm blogging at the airport.

*BIG SIGH*

No comments: