Thursday, December 23, 2004

The frenzy continues before Christmas

It's amazing how many things a human can do in a day. The amount of work I finished this week truly boggles my mind. It like everyone is trying to get EVERYTHING done before their Christmas break. Everyone rushing everything, and I too got caught up in the frenzy. Of course I have reason to be frenzied too - they put me in charge of the company newsletter and it has to roll out by January.

I'm happy that my pile of 3 feet high of newspaper has dwindled to zip. *GRIN* That is at least a load of my mind and I managed to vet and photocopy four sets for out internal circulation. Phew. I was already late by one week.

One shining star in the very touchable horizon is that Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! Hee hee... I know I don't celebrate it but I can't help being cheerful about it. And Erica the receptionist got me a very nice Christmas stocking, and she added a Chritsmas-Tree shaped body shampoo inside as a tiny surprise. It was certainly a pleasant surprise. =) Nancy also got me a nice gift.

Family's planning a nice dinner on the eve and I've just bought two fantastic reds to go with mom's yummilicious cooking. Hee hee... Zona and I took a long lunch to go to the Wine Cellar to get some nice wine for Christmas. Well, she went there with the intention to buy some... Me, I couldn't help myself. Come on, I was in a wine shop with an amazing selection of reds. Of course such impulsive behavior can be excused... it's wine for heavens sake. =P It's like citing the Fifth Amendment or something, with the clout to boot. WINE WINE WINE!

Plus the very nice woman, Noelle gave us a nice box for buying two bottles each. The box itself cost RM39.90 and it's a wooden box especially made for Wine Cellar's customers. I bought a bottle of South African Red that I'm dying to try out - Le Riche's 2001 Cabernet Sauvignon / Merlot. If it's good, I'm definitely going back to buy a few more bottles to keep. You can check out the site at http://www.winecellar.com.my.

Yummy. ^__^

No comments: