Sunday, December 19, 2004

A bolt out of the blue

The last few weeks, as evident from the tortured postings in my blog, have been hell for me. The fact that I was continuously reliving each hellish incident did not help myself much. But something happened last week and I feel as though a great burden has been lifted. You see, I realised that all these weeks of torture and humilation is nothing as I've just been granted one of my wishes. During my review with my boss two months ago, I asked for more challenging rolls and guess she granted my wish after all. *laugh*

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to do my papers - I've been allowing them to pile up to 3 feet high and goodness knows when I'll ever finish this never ending chore. But I do try to read them and get my circulation out to the bosses by Tuesday the latest. So there I was mindlessly photocopying the news articles when all of a sudden, out of no where, this thought "My job is more challenging now" hit me square on. I was stunned! I think I stood there a few minutes after the photocopy machine completed one cycle. I was so miserable before that I could not see or think straight. But with this new self revelation, I was sort of freed from my own vicious cycle. I was stunned and relieved.

Later when I told my Lee Hoon about it, I actually laughed about it. I felt that much less burdened.

So yes, my job is tougher now but at least I'm learning again instead of already doing a job that holds no mystery to me. I want to learn more to be good at my job, so much so that I'm willing to take some more crap from certain irritating people.

*grin* I wonder how long this feeling will last? *wink*

No comments: