Monday, December 27, 2004

The end is NEAR!

Lord, with recent disasters here and there, then yesterday tsunami disasterin the SOuth Asian region that killed more than 11,000 people, sone can't help but wonder if we are living in end times... Hmmph, then this had to happened...


There was a ferocious storm outside the office today towards evening and with a mighty boom, the lightning struck something and the wiring tripped. Everything was pitch black and there were startled screams in the darkness. When the electricity was restored, everyone calmed their nerves and everyone started booting up their computers. I press the Power button and nothing. Geeze, don't tell me my CPU got fried?!! ALL my work!!! Gone??! Please- nononononononono....And when it successfully booted, the screen was blue and red and with stripes of black. I let it complete its scanning then rebooted again. This time it went into safe mode.I tried to change my display settings back to the originals ones but It. Just. Wouldn't. Change! I restarted it again and again after it prompted me to restart my CPU after changing the settings! It kept booting up in safe mode and when I changed the settings, it still remained the same despite it all. I was nearly ready to tear out my hair. The CTo was no help as he disappeared elsewhere. I was ready to tear hishair as well. I tried to fix the problem but this is no task for a non-IT service personnel. It's just so DARN FRUSTRATING that I can't fix this myself.

Since there were no one around to help me, I made some calls to try to find out what's wrong with my PC. Had to call a few people before I hit paydirt. Apparently my display card is attached to my motherboard and it prob got fried by the lightning strike, OR the monitor cable was the one who got fried. Don't know which is which and I can't open up my CPU to fix the darn problem. Lord, my eyes hurt using my PC in safe mode. I really hate this. It seems like everything on my screen is leaping out at me like a bad nightmare. All the pixels are in tiny X's with terrible colours - it's like being stuck in a cross-stiched world!

Let me outta here!!!

No comments: