Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Self-imposed exile

Recently, I've stop going out for lunch. Maybe it is this anti-social streak I have right now. I've taken to buying something to tide me over for lunch in the mornings. I've yet to find a place that sells fruit at 8am in the morning though.

My sister says my 'progress' is alarming and that I should not be starving myself, which I am not, as I might trigger my vertigo spells again. Wouldn't that be a pickle. I still eat breakfast, something little for lunch and then normal dinner. So I do not see it as starving.

I not dieting, but in the end I just might. I don't know. Is this a cause for alarm? Nah.

Funny thing is that, the reason I stopped going for lunch is because ever since Elaine went on holiday,and Nancy is always late in and she doesn't go anymore, I have had to go around asking colleagues if I could tag alone for lunch. That is something that I've grown quite tired of and it feels like I'm begging to be one of them. It feels tedious and like a chore that I have to do that everyday. And when I do go out with them, I have to make small talk - something that I seem to have lost in my 'anti-socialness'.

No comments: