Monday, June 07, 2004

The Key to Happiness

I was going through my old emails to make way for new ones when I came across an email from my dear cousin who quoted this.

I really love the poem. Have a read and feel your heart lighten...

---


The key to happiness
belongs to everyone on earth,
Who recognizes simple things
as treasures of great worth-

The changing of the seasons,
the rising of the moon,
golden,restful hours
on a lazy afternoon,
the music found in laughter,
the beauty found in truth,
the wrinkled eyes of wisdom,
the innocence of youth...

Dreams the heart has woven,
letting go of cares,
reaching out, and helping out,
and countless answered prayers,
the loving bonds of family ties,
and understanding friends,
the chance to make a difference,
the will to make amends,
having someone's hand to hold,
the promise each day brings,
The key to happiness is found
in very simple things...

~ Emily Matthews ~

No comments: