Sunday, June 13, 2004

Primeval phase

I thought Christian Smith was playing on Friday night, so I roused a few friends and headed down to 12SI to dance to the heady beat of tribal trance. Hah, did I get my dates wrong. Smith was scheduled to play the next night, not Friday. Sheesh. We got there pretty late as Estella had to work later than she planned and when we got there, there was no queue and the cover charge was RM30. Strange. So I asked the stamp girl, but she didn't know who Christian Smith was. *roll eyes* But in the end we found out I mixed up the dates. Anyway, since we were already there, we decided to go to Bliss and have a gay time. =P

And what a fantastic night we had. The house music was fantastic as the Deejay played salsa and primal beats as well. The combination was sexy and tribal. I guess I got my tribal dances there and then. Haha. Anyway, there was five of us and I seem to be the odd one out, mainly coz all of them left the dance floor at one time or the other, whereas I stayed put. My blood was pumping and I felt elemental. After a while, I noticed a Malay guy, wearing all white, dancing quite well next to me. At first I ignored him, but then he did a very nice move, so I smiled. That was all he needed when he gestured if he could dance with me. I didn't mind so I nodded yes. It took us a few minutes to get use to each other's moves but we managed to synch very well after that. Gosh, we really had fun. We tried all sorts of moves and steps, all the while keeping at least an inch or two in between our bodies. It was fun, coz we were matching our steps and moves to each other; he would teach me his steps and then I would teach him mine. By then, we were moving naturally. It was good and fun dancing. Bliss was not so packed so there was space for us to experiment.

I danced the rest of the morning away with him. Though there was a time when a gay guy came in and showed Estella and I a new hips twisty move, which I later adapted to dance with Jay.

We shook hands and introduced ourselves but I decline his invitation for a drink at the mamak behind. I don't take my 'relationships' beyond the club doors, coz I know it's a bad idea, for me at least. No, I didn't give him my number nor did I take his.

I met Eugene there as well, and seeing Eugene reminded me of Siva, which I have resolved not to think of at all. - sigh - I also saw a few ntv7's staff whom I met during the Pillow Talk DiGi showcase last week, there as well. But I didn't really say hi to them coz they were acting all loud and snobbish. *shrug*

It's been a while that I such a great night out with good friends, and good dancing to boot.


Back to church
Then on Sunday, I went to church for the first time in a year... Drove all the way to Klang and met up with all my old church friends again and had lunch with them. Catching up with them made me realised that my bond with them is still unscathed and intact even though I've not been in touch with them for a long time.

The church has changed but I've not been there to change with it. The service felt alien to me. I was used to the old ways of things and this new way, which I know has been happening for quite some time now, was a oversized puzzle that wouldn't fit no matter what.

No comments: