Monday, June 28, 2004

...nolens volens...

I know I have been slack in updating my blog, but I've been real busy the past one week plus.

First I had to take two days off to fly home to Kota Bharu on Wednesday night for my dad's anniversary on the 25th June.

She was in a frenzy. There were things that needed to be done now but external factors were causing a bottleneck in her schedule. She did the best she could and packed some work to bring home with her. At 7pm, she rushed home, finished packing and got a cab to KLIA with her sister and mother. There, they boarded the 9.30pm flight to KBR. On her shoulder, she shouldered a heavy rectangular bag bulging with her laptop and a ton of paperwork. Her fingers brushed continuously against the bump, she sighed. She knew that the next two days were gonna be hell.

His cataract-covered eyes starred hard at her but he couldn't make out who she was, but she smelled familiar. He gingerly takes a few more steps towards this familiar blurry figure. He extended his nose and sniffs her palm. His tail began wagging, the motion diminished by the ravages of Time, his eyes, dulled by inactivity and age, brightened somewhat or so her heart tells her. He jumps furtively on her legs, trying to lick her face. It was good to be with Patches again.


We couldn't stay in the house as it was too dusty from long periods of absence, thus we had to deviate to my auntie's big house for the night. Han Wei was back from Europe. He looks better now - he's a vegetarian and he does yoga. It is amazing when people have such strong wills to change their lifestyle for the benefit of their life and health. It only brings into harsh light my own inability to do so. Or maybe I just don't care about myself. Do I love myself? How do I love myself? *shrug*


Vengeance shall be mine!

We started our massive house-cleaning project and it was backbreaking work. Mom and sis tackled the inside, I got stuck with the outside and what a nightmare it was.


Patches is forever by her side and she reaches over to pet him from time to time as she went around tidying the pots and gardening stuff.

There were pots of plants everywhere, and behind every earthenware were clumps of black stuff, fur balls, leaves, dirt and cute long creepy crawlies.

She snaps on a pair of gloves, and started picking up that stuff by hand. But when she tried to pick up the black stuff, it fell apart in her hands and started crawling away! She leans in for a closer look and recoiled in disgust! The clumps of black stuff were balls of ticks, tiny brown bodies and legs tangled in a clump of horror!

She gave a little roar, grabbed the bug spray and fired on the escaping ticks! The more she sprayed the more there were! Where were these things coming from??? She covers her nose and looks closer. There were black stuff on the walls too! They were crawling up and down the porch walls; it was akin to rush hour hell!

The deathly chemical fumes triggered a stampede of tiny feet, and hundreds began pouring out from their niches! Some even fell on her like rain. She squeals and frantically brushed herself off and ran out of the porch, vowing vengeance upon those bloodsuckers.

Suddenly, she mutters an expletive. There must be hundreds on Patches then! She strides over to him, bends down and pats him all over on the back. Under her fingers, she feels clumps. She swiped at the dense fur... there, there were at least 50 tiny bodies clustered around a red patch of skin. There were many more clumps all over his body. They were sucking her baby to death.


So yeah, I spent the whole day spraying the little suckers to death. Then I poured Clorox all over the floor, making sure that Patches was tied up and well away from that stuff. Of course I was thinking of him the whole time and forgot about myself. I was careless and I think I got some on my feet. I only noticed my carelessness when I felt pain. I looked down - a small section of my big toe's nail was brownish- black. Great, just great. Even though I washed it as best as I could, the damage was done. *puff virtual bangs* after I bathe Patches with shampoo and a petroleum-mixxed concoction mom got from Dr. Leong and then shampoo again. After his bath I sat down for a long session of hide and seek with the little suckers with a tweezers. It was the only way I could get them off him. They were EVERYWHERE. Anyway, after that, I took a loooooooong shower - must have used up the whole tank methinks. Mom complained that there wasn't much water left when it was her time to shower. Eeeeps.

Of course there were lots of cleaning to do the next day and all but I shan't bore myself with a rehash. I also had to do work whilst cleaning the house. Every few hours, I would log on into the Net to check and reply my emails or call the office or call people about work, finalising this and that. There were never-ending emails and phone calls from the office.
- sigh -

Willing or unwilling, things had to be done, no matter where I was. Nolens volens...


I hate cutting carrots

Then on Friday, we had our hands full with vegetables literally. There were mountains of stuff to peel, cut and chop. That alone took the whole day. All for popiah. *roll eyes* Seriously, the only other thing I hate doing in this world is cutting carrots, and there were endless sticks of them to be cut. Not only did it have to be cut, it had to be cut into proper 2mm x 2cm silvers. It was soooo IRRITATING and FRUSTRATING. I was ready stomp on the lot of them by the time I was cutting the second carrot. In the end, I threw the knife down in disgust, stomped off, flung off my temper by flailing my limbs and ARGHING, came back and cut the tofu instead. My sister kept quiet, but she was laughing at me, I know.

It was tedious work and eating it all took half the time it took for us to make it. Bah.

Then later in the evening, we invited all and had a big dinner to remember my father who passed away 15 years ago. He died of cancer.


Oi, it wasn't a holiday...

When I got back on Monday, everyone asked, "How was your HOLIDAY?" After a few queries of the same vein, I erupted with "It was NOT a holiday!" It may have been a break but it WAS NOT A HOLIDAY.

It's gonna be a hell of a week. I just know it.

No comments: