Monday, May 31, 2004

Who can I trust?

I have come to a point in life that I'm finally asking this question, "Who can I trust?" And my answers are all on one hand and family do not count. I look at my friends and colleagues and I asked myself, "Who do you trust the most and the littlest?", and my answers are not comforting. True, there are different levels of trust assigned to each friend and colleague. You depend on people, you trust them with certain aspects of your life, you put your trust in their hands, with the hope that they will not crush it and throw it on the ground and then stomp on it.

I have got to learn not to trust so easily. Today's little incident has taught me that. How do you know the person you're confiding in, won't go around telling others and making fun of you, and laughing at your expense? Somebody told me that trust is a funny thing, that you need to be the one to give it first before anything else can happen. I agree, to open up one's heart to hurt is to trust blindingly. I did that, and I'm still doing it. I will have to stop now.

And then there are those strangers you meet once and on the second time and you're the best of friends.

But then there are those who surprise you with their belief in you and loyalty to you. We may not have been abreast at all the times, but they are always there for me. I thank the Lord that He gifted me with such wonderful friends. You know who you are, and thank you for caring.

No comments: