Friday, May 21, 2004

Short driving lesson

Yong let me drive his GTI for all of 2 whole minutes.

Yeah, it was from the front lane of my house to another lane in front of the school... Talk about exciting. =P After that he was like, "Okay, get out." Then he drove me home.

Haha, I already knew I made him nervous when I kept on asking if he was sure as this was his baby. He said okay, but his eyes couldn't meet mine when he said "yes it's okay" But then he kept asking me if I sure... Poor guy. I'm so sorry I made break him out in cold sweat.

I was driving very slow as I was not confident. Not after that accident. I knew I was not confident, I didn't need him to tell me that. Plus it has been 7 years since I drove a manual. He said my gear shifting is very rough and very loud. =( I have to agree after he showed me how he shifted the gear - smoothly and silently. I felt so embarassed when he stopped in front of my gate. Aiks. I can't drive anymore! *wail* I guess you learn bad habits from watching other people drive or rather in this case, proper habits. Now I know. A lot of people I know who drives a manual doesn't always shift gears so silently like Yong. I guess it's just that he's a car guy and he loves his car. Also, his car is not messy and smells nice to boot. Wow, he really loves his GTI with it's 1.8 litre engine and recarro seats. =P

Lord, that car is powerful. I've never been in a GTI, when he shifted from second to third, the car jumped forward, not in the rabbit kind of way, but rather like a leashed horse chomping on the bit. I would love to be in a GTI when it's going fast and taking gliding curves... like the stretch to Genting. Not bad, I think I can get a rush from that. GRIN.

He asked if I would a GTI at the end of the year. My answer is no, coz I don't need a racing car. Something simple is enough, as long as it gets me from point to point and won't die on me. I wouldn't know what to do. Give me anything but car troubles. I suppose I'll learn more about cars when I get one, but at the moment, I'm just as clueless as a dodo.

Okay, now I'm gonna go play D2. I think I'll play the Amazon this time, something that will hack and swing my frustration and embarassment away. - sigh -

No comments: