Saturday, May 15, 2004

Pigging out

*Belchhhhh* Opps excuse me...

Had a fantastic dinner just now with friends. It's Andrew's birthday, so we went to the all-you-can-eat steamboat place at OUG, and did we eat all we could. Haha... Tom had FOUR servings of ice cream - we were all talking and he quietly went off each time and came back with a mountain of cold ice cream on his cones. That guy really likes ice-cream. =)

I'm so full right now, I reckon I've put back all the weight I lost at Perhentian! One night at a all you can eat steamboat is enough to put back all the weight I've ever lost in my life. The food was good - all the seafood was fresh and sweet. AND they had lamb... omg, the lamb... *double slurp* Of course, me being me, I had lamb, more lamb, and more more lamb. Hee hee...

It was great, as it was a small group tonight. There was Estella, Tom, Andrew, Jaymee, Sharnie, Ming Ming and me. I think everyone had a good time. At first there was silence as everyone was concentrating on eating and putting food into the pot and the grill. Then as we slowly filled out tummy with good food, the conversation started flowing. We talked about everything and it was casual, relaxed and fun.

That's one thing I like about TJJ people, they are all very friendly and relaxed and laidback. This is the first time I'm meeting Ming Ming and by the end of the meal(s), we were friends. Everybody's unpretentious in TJJ, once people come for a meet, they chuck their inhibitions at the door and just join in the fun.

After dinner, we had dessert - Andrew's cake and ice-cream on top. It was yummy tummy. Mmmmmm... I must admit the ice-cream IS good. It really hit the spot. Was sooo tempted to go back for seconds but, nah, that would be undoing all my work of eating only fruits for lunch the past week. =P Nope, I'm not on a diet. I'm merely experimenting with my metabolism rate - I'm trying to see what makes me sluggish after each meal. Results aren't in yet. Will tell later. Now I have to write my account of my dive trip at Perhentian.

No comments: