Friday, March 26, 2004

Working with a slight hangover

I have to put this in. Did I ever mention that my boss is odious?! Arrgghhh! I hate her!

----

Last night was a pretty interesting night, whereas the day was boring like hell. It needed shaking up anyway.

First of all, got to see Aqmal in his Japanese costume, wig and all when I tagged alone to his dress 'rehearsal' for a short film in which he is the lead actor. ^__^ It was pretty funny coz the costume was too big for him and plus the long highlighted wig, makes him almost 'pretty'. He reminded me of that music video by the Foo Fighters where they all dressed up as the characters on the plane. Aqmal, last night, reminded me of the 'girly' fan in pink. Aiks. *Gonna take cover for a while now* The short film's director is Idora something. I can't remember her last name. What was it? Anyway, she's very nice, as were all the people there last night.

By the time we left to go to Zouk, it was 11pm. Estella has been texting me the passed hour asking where I was - she was already in Zouk.

Getting to Zouk itself was easy and we were already near the place. But getting INTO Zouk itself was omigawd. We had to register to get in as it was an invitation only grand club opening. So we line up and waited. And waited, and waited. Then it was our turn. Goody. Then, "Opps sorry, we've run out of tags!" What the hell? Estella had left by that time. Sheesh.

Finally, somebody came with a few more measly tags. We managed to get some as we were already ahead in line. Then we had to line up to get into the Velvet Underground. There were that many people. But when we went in, there weren't that many people at all. I think most people had already left as it was a working day the next day. Same for me but I still wanted to see Zouk.

The deco was very interesting. The place is big, bigger than Atmosphere I think and it's funkier too. It looks like some sort of cave concept thing with 'unfinished' surfaces. With retro looking stuff hanging from the ceiling. And they were playing trance and house which made it worth it, the 3 free house pouring was worth it as well. =P

Anyway, enjoyed myself dancing. It was good music. Btw, Aqmal forgot how to Melbourne Shuffle! =P

No comments: