Sunday, March 14, 2004

I've mellowed with age! Aiks!

Went to the Reinforce 03 Rave last night at the Bukit Kiara Equestrian club. Started out horrible coz it was drizzling and the crowd was trickling in. We got there at 10pm and there was hardly a mentionable crowd of ravers. Then it started drizzling. So we sat on the bleachers and people-watch. It was interesting to see what Malaysian Ravers wear and they are by far the sexiest I've seen. Aussie ravers aren't even that daring compared to our Malaysian counterparts. Geeze, those girls were like teeny-boppers in bikini tops and interesting tattoos tastefully carved into their skin. I wanna get one too! =p I have always wanted to get one - should have done it in Perth where it is cheaper. Bah. I regretted wearing what I wore. I should have just gone with my instincts and worn my whalebone bustier - at least I would've fitted in - and my boots. As it was, I must have looked like an old fuddy duddy compared to that hip crowd of people.

The party didn't start until nearly midnight. We got a couple of beers and smoke, (I guzzled my beer to get the 'feeling') and got high slightly enough to boost our courage enough to go out to the platform and dance which was like one quarter full. Poeple waiting for other people to open the floor. Oh well, we were there to have fun, and we did. Haha, I felt old standing along side those pretty girls. But after awhile, I managed to get my groove together, forget the outside world and just enjoyed myself.

I tried to learn the Melbourne shuffle but I was wearing heels. I know, I know. Why wear heels to a rave? Well, I knew that I shouldn't but I was banking on the fact that there'll be a platform there and there were. I just didn't expect that we'd be dancing on grass as well. Damn, there were so many times I wished that I was wearing my boots as I usually do, but this time, I think being old made me crossed my own frekin' wires. Thank goodness I an used to dancing in heels, but I had to stay on the platform and not do the Melbourne shuffle.

I was surprised to see that a lot of people knew the Melbourne Shuffle. What an evolutionary move. Aqmal tried to teach me how to Melb shuffle, but with heels it was impossible if I didn't want to snap my straps. I managed to do some simple moves but I gave up after I felt my strap stretched a little. It was slightly different that the one my friend tried to teach me back in Australia but the basic move was the same. Anyway, so I stuck to my usual brand of dancing. After a while, we managed to move right upfront, and we stayed there the entire night. Aqmal wanted to go on the podium and although part of me wanted to, the other part was shy and hesitant. I feel as though I'm too old to do stuff like that anymore. I've mellowed with age I think and silly as it sounds, I felt inferior to all those gorgeous girls there. I can't help but compare my fat, ugly self to them.

There were a lot of gorgeous girls but hardly any gorgeous straight guys; I think a lot of the guys there last night drives on the other side of the road, and what a fantastic car they drive too. =p I can't help but ogle when there are sexy, bare-chested dudes gyrating on the podiums. But I think he was gay since he was hugging another gorgeous bare-chested specimen.

The rave was good, but it could have been better. For one, the music should have been louder or at least the platform should have been closer to the speakers as that is the most fun thing about raving - feeling the sound vibrate your entire body - it's all about the buzz, baby. When I'm dancing, with beats in my ears and heart, I get high, I'm on a rush and I feel sexy. I don't care about the outside world and I'll dance until my feet drop off. But I must say I enjoyed myself. I was dancing and I forgot all my troubles - there was nothing but the beats moving through my body.

The rave ended earlier that I thought it would. There is still a curfew of 3am imposed even on raves, unlike Australian raves that lasts until morning. Aqmal got a tip that the cops were gonna raid the place at 3am, and the event people knew that, so they broke up the party 15mins before. I've not been to that many raves to know all the ins and outs and I learned a few more things about Malaysian raves.

I wish I had gone on the podium. What a rush it would have been... *sigh* Maybe being back in Malaysia and plus one in my age has mellowed me somewhat. Aiyaiyaiyaiyai...

No comments: