Sunday, April 03, 2005

Rediscovering the joys of blogging in a crowd

For the past few months, the Starbuck at Amcorp has been taken over by Macs. I'm at Starbucks now and there are 6 Macs and 2 other branded laptops and today is Sunday. Go Apple! *grin* It's amazing how packed starbucks are these days. And the fact that there are more Apple laptops around, WOW! Good for Apple for totally conquering the world.

I've been wanting to come to starbucks to surf for ages as there is broadband available and just to get out of my hot house. Yes, my very hot house. Eesh.

Anyway, just as an update, I had one hell of a good day yesterday. I started my morning with my usual kickboxing session which totally gave me the glow I've been craving for a week - endorphins la. After that, Estella picked me up from the gym and we went to her place for a swim. It was actually a TJJ thing with Wai Kong teaching whoever is interested to swim. Estella and I were just there for fun. Haha... only one person showed up and she got Wai Kong's undivided attention. Poor guy he had to work while Estella and I got to play and have fun. After a lot of laps, we got tired of just swimming so we started to have ourselves some fun. At first it was the usual holding our breaths under water, diving the furthest, doing the mushrooms and the stars, the underwater handstands and just generally floating around. After that, we took out the sunny ball we bought in Puchong a month back and was using our legs to kick the ball... just generally having a ball acting like kids. Then we were approached by real kids asking if they could plat with us! Haha! There were three of them, 7, 11 and 12 year olds! So we played monkey ball, volleyball, water polo and just kidding and hanging out. Gee... we really got on well with the kids. After that they were hanging all over Estella and me and generally using us as seahorses for their amusement! Two hours later, we were worn out and we left despite their pleas. Kid you not. Then the 7 year old, Keikei, shouted from the pool "Che Che! Are you coming to swim again next Saturday?" To which we answered "Not sure." So she made a date with us, three weeks from now to have a swim date! How adorable is she! ^_^

It was a tiring day for us. So we slept for a few hours and then went for dinner. Estella was all gung ho about going clubbing. She needed to get *ahem* something out of her system. I didn't want to go as I was tired and my hair was all washed and smelling fantastic and I didn't want to get it all smokey and horrible. So I stood fast and suggested she called Jaymee to go with her. The wily minx then put on house and trance in the car. Pretty soon, I wasn't standing so fast anymore on my decision not to go when the music got to me! *sigh* So I said okay when she asked me again.

Went to Atmosphere. Waste of our good RM40. The cover charger, steep as it is, sucks as the + 1 drink was beer only. That or soft drink or mineral water! What the hell?! Then after we went in, there weren't much people and those there were there were teeny boppers! Plus the music wasn't all that good. Just mindless trance and not much or tribal or mixes that I was craving. We quit the place after half and hour and went to BarFly instead.

Yes, it's a sleazy place. But we solved that by befriending the nice DJ. We danced on the podium too but no one dared to bother us as we were with the DJs and the management! =p So we had a blast without the usual octopus hands groping at us. So, now I know. If I want to go to BarFly, I have to stick with the DJ but that too we all have to be careful not to be too friendly.

So here I am today. All relaxed and tired at the same time. I'm glad that I got all that restlessness out of my system and that Estella got whatever she wanted out of her system too. So it was a productive weekend! HAHAHA...Sure, sure as someone out there is gonna sat when he reads this.

Slept until 2pm today. Would have slept more but the house was getting too hot to even lounge like a sleepy lizard. I can't count the times I got up to sprinkle water on my chest to cool down.

*wink* I had great fun this weekend. Did you?

No comments: