Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The quake in our lives

What quake? Nope, didn't feel a thing as I was sleeping soundly. But seriously, I don't think people in PJ felt the shaking. So far I don't know anyone in PJ who felt it. They people I've met who said they felt it were in Klang, Cheras... Kelana Jaya... those kind of places. But then my office building shudders every time a big truck passes in front of the road. So maybe I can't tell the difference. =p

For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, here's the low down. Last night, there was a 8.4 earthquake off the coast of Sumatra again, near the last disastrous Boxing Day epicenter. Apparently, the quake was felt in KL as well, rousing citizens from their bed and running out of apartments like ants deserting a disturbed sandwich. So far there has not been any tsunamis reported but there were hundreds hurt in Sumatra when buildings trembled and cracked. The quake was even felt in Thailand, from what I saw in CNN this morning.

Again the thought that maybe the end of days are near.

Last Sunday, my housemate of 9 years finally moved out and into an apartment of her own. So now there are just us 3 sisters left in the house. It seems weird to have her gone as I used to depend on her 7.30am movements to wake me up. Yes, I'm a light-sleeper, believe it or not. We cleaned out the room and moved Lee Ling's stuff in there as she needs a place to study. So at least there's more space for us now in that small house.

Last week, I got appraised again. Let's just say that I was not happy with the result despite my bosses promised to get my increment which she promised me back in October last year. Sigh. Of course, since my duties are more now, I'm learning but not fast enough for her. I'm supposed to be this virtual sponge that is supposed to absorb everything. But "there must be something psychologically blocking you from taking it all in," says she... What can I say? I hate the fact that she feels like I've let her down, that I've not met her high expectations. What a downer... lord, I felt so inadequate and depressed after that. Of course I should have known that the power-hungry bitch would involve others in our clashes. Yeah, my boss knows about our clashes. Anyway, begone bitch.

On a cheerful note, I'm ok with my kickboxing classes now. My body doesn't hurt anymore when I do roundhouse kicks or jump kicks! Cool. I was please as punched when I did the entire session without having to stop to rest or drink water.

So yeah, that's what's been happening to me the past one week.

Oh and I finally finished reading my shoulder high pile of newspapers that has been accumulating since CNY. What a relief! Sigh. Now all I have to do is continue reading and compile all my newspaper clippings and get them ready for circulation to the big bosses.

Later.

No comments: