Sunday, February 06, 2005

Wi-Fi at KLIA

I never knew that we could surf the internet at the airport. Seriously. I'm at McD now and I'm surfing! How cool is that? Apparently the entire airport is Wi-Fied. *grin* Darn, should have gotten here sooner so that I can surf to my heart's content. How I know? Coz I was looking for Starbucks ( I heard there was one here) and was told we can only enjoy Starbucks in the INTERNATIONAL Terminal. How snobbish... *eesh* BUT "you can surf anywhere in the airport". How about that? Yeah, yeah, I'm retarded coz I didn't know before. But then I reckon a lot of people don't know either coz I don't see anyone else on their conputer or anything. Malaysian Airports has been remissed in informing its customers of this new development.

Yeap, I'm going home to Kota Bharu for the CNY hols. Strangely enough, not many people are heading back to their hometowns this year coz I'm at the airport and it's not packed, it's not swamped like it used to be when all major festivals garners huge crowds at exit points. Hmm... maybe it's because the Rooster year has been forecasted as a bad financial year and people are saving their money for bad times ahead. So, what is my sister and I doing here then? Hmm... food for thought. Do the rest of the world know something we don't? On the other hand, I see a lot of long queues at the Air Macau ticketing counters - people with the same travel-agency-standard-issued-crappy-complimentary carry-on queing up by the dozens with their tour leaders shouting what they should do and all that. Besides, I recognise one of the bags, it is the same as the one we got when we traveled to China in 2003. Maybe those people are exempted and have something to crow about. Another aimless thought there...

Anyway, I know I'm supposed to have updated a lot sooner than this and I will, soon, in the next entry. So see you peeps in Kota Bharu. Blech...

No comments: