Thursday, February 10, 2005

Happy Chinese New Rooster Year!

Hope you peeps are having a better time than I am this CNY... sigh... I'm sick. Terrible time I be sick I know. Have a bad sore throat but that didn't stop me drinking wine the past two nights and wotta win- I mean fine time we had. *grin*

The Reunion Dinner is all about family and good food and wine. My uncle as usual broke open a few x2 bottles of fine wine and shared it generously with all. Lee Ling also brought back a few bottles. I loved the spanish one... can't remember the label name already... Meerlust or something like that. Anyway, my favourite of all is Solaia - one of the best wine I've had to privilege to taste and fall in love with. I kid you not, Solaia 2001 is a great wine. It was saliva-inducing in every sip. *sigh* That's what I like about the CNY tradition with my family, it's always about family and wine. Hee hee.

So here I am today, on the second day of the CNY celebration all sick and gross. I wake in the middle of the night coughing like a discrepit old man and the only thing missing from that picture is that I can't/will not spit no matter how clogged I am. It's just too disgusting to cough up something and feel it all slimey and warm on your tongue. EEEWWWWW! Just the thought is enough to choke me and sharing it on here can't be all that peachy for you either. Opps... hee hee... But the one thing I find peculiar is that my bladder seem to have shrunk. I forget already how many times I've been to the toilet today alone. Last night was a blur between coughing and peeing. Yeah, I'm not shy in sharing my miserable state with the world, btw.

Hey, I only get to enjoy such good food and wine when I get to enjoy such good food and wine only. So I try to savour it and to hell with minute details like being sick. Yeah I say that now, I know.

No comments: