Monday, October 06, 2003

Taking carpe noctum too far

My sleeping schedule is soooo screwed up now! Everything is topsy-turvy! I'm sleeping at 7am these days and waking up at 3 or 4pm, when most of the day is gone! Trust me I do not think it that peachy either, okay? Sigh. I'm going to try not sleep for 24 hours and maybe by then I'll be so bone tired that I'll fall in bed at 10pm tomorrow night and everything will be right with the world again. If not, how on earth am I gonna be able to go for my daytime interviews? Maybe I should take Kim's suggestion and work night shifts instead since I'm proving to be more of a night owl than I initially thought.

I know why this is happening though. I'm enjoying my nightly sessions too far. What do I do? Well I read. All kinds of books that I can get my hands on. I don't care if it's a mag or a romance or a thriller or even plain old boring text books. I feel as though I do not have enough time to read everything. I feel like the day is not long enough; that we should have 30 hours a day or something. But of course that would kill us but that is just my nocturnal sentiments airing it's ugly purple head. Purple because it's not getting enough oxygen to keep itself a healthy pink. Eee-diot.

Vijay put in an interesting suggestion - drink warm milk with sugar! I've heard of and tried the warm milk remedy but the sugar part is new. Have you guys tried it with sugar? I have drank milk with sugar before and it taste like vanilla, but never for the purpose of a sleeping draught. I think the key factor is the warmth... but we are in a darn warm country so would it be effective? I think the warm milk remedy was concocted on cold lands and it probably did help people into Morpheues' arms, but then here? I'll try it tonight. I'll try anything to right my screwy sleep schedule.

No comments: